Organisation of events for the preparation and training of the population for reaction in floods and subsequent crises
On 13.12.2017 a contract was signed between Chief Directorate Fire Safety and Civil Protection at the Ministry of Interior (CDFSCP-MoI) and Consortium “Dicon – BRC” for organizing events for preparation and training of the population for reaction in floods and subsequent crises. Consortium “Dicon – BRC” includes company “Dicon Group” LTD and the Bulgarian Red Cross.
Тhe overall objective of the project is to assist CDFSCP-MoI in the process of implementing the contract for “Centers for increasing the population’s preparedness for reacting in floods”, through the organisation and carrying out of trainings and preparation of the population for reaction in floods and subsequent crises. The preparation encompasses building of institutional capacity through collection of good practices from EU member states in the field of population preparedness, trainings of trainers and trainings of different target groups, development of learning plans and programmes, as well as organisation of national competitions.
The direct users of the results of the contract implementation are:
- Teaching staff of CDFSCP (700 employees);
- Students from elementary, primary and secondary form of education (a total of 78 000 students);
- Elderly outside of the working age, over 60-years-old (6 000 people);
- Elderly in working age (a total of 1 152 people – representatives of state institutions, of the local authorities, regional governments, teachers);
- Volunteers (3 000 people);
- NGO and business representatives (1 152 people);
- Media representatives (120 people).
Project "Centers for increasing the population's preparedness for reacting in floods" is carried out with the financial support of Operational Program "Environment 2014-2020" co-funded by EU through European Regional Development Fund and the Cohesion Fund.