The discussion for the National Bird Monitoring Concept lies ahead
On August 6, 2019, the discussion of the National Bird Monitoring Concept in Bulgaria will be held. The discussion is part of the project: "Analyzes and studies of species and natural habitats, subject to reporting under Art. 17 of the Habitats Directive and Art. 12 of the Birds Directive ", with the beneficiary - Executive Environment Agency, funded under the Operational program "Environment 2014-2020".
The National Bird Monitoring Concept contains the following essential elements:
- Overall assessment of the bird monitoring situation in Bulgaria - existing bird monitoring schemes, completeness and sufficiency of data and harmonization with EU requirements.
- Analysis of existing monitoring schemes and the need for new schemes.
- Volume of data collected and monitoring requirements - frequency and efforts for data collection, monitoring methods and monitoring requirements, synergies between bird monitoring and other monitoring schemes implemented in Bulgaria.
- Data storage and management recommendations.
- Relationship to reporting under Art. 12 of the Birds Directive.
The program of the event is available here.