NATURA 2000 is a Pan-European environmental network of protected areas. It protects and guarantees the survival of the most valuable and endangered species and natural habitats in Europe. The NATURA 2000 zones are delineated in conformity with two European Union directives concerning the protection of biodiversity – Directive 92/43/EEC for the protection of natural habitats and wild flora and fauna (The Habitats Directive), and Directive 70/4009/EEC for the protection of wild birds (The Birds Directive). NATURA 2000 is already at an advanced stage and the next period will be crucial to making the network fully and adequately functional through effective management and implementation of zone recovery measures.
DICON GROUP is committed to the conservation of biodiversity. Our efforts spread over numerous projects and technical assistance measures, in search for sustainable solutions in conformity with the EEC Directives, while taking into account the interests of all stakeholders. Our environmental studies and impact assessments are based on well-established methodologies and are in accordance with the best standards and practices.
- Consultancies in environmental legislation;
- Development of environmental strategies and programs;
- Studies and analyses on the mapping and conservation status of natural habitats of higher plants and mosses;
- Studies and analyses of the mapping and conservation status of fishes;
- Studies and analyses of the mapping and conservation status of amphibians and reptiles;
- Studies and analyses of the mapping and conservation status of mammals, bats included;
- Studies and analyses of the mapping and conservation status of invertebrates;
- Studies and mapping models of species/natural habitats using GIS;
- Development and maintenance of geo-database data;
- Work with stakeholders;
- Monitoring and research;
- Organization of informational campaigns and events on environmental protection;
- Impact assessment of environmental investment projects.